In 1896, several members of the Brodhead community became interested in banking and applied for a state charter. On April 30, 1896 the charter was granted and the Bank of Brodhead opened its doors in the Laube Building with $50,000.00 in capital and C. N. Carpenter as President.
In 1962, the Bank moved to its current location at 806 E. Exchange Street. During 1980, the Bank’s drive-up window was modernized and additional lanes were added. In 1991, the Bank introduced its first convenient, drive-up ATM and offered customers Visa Check Cards. In July of 1995, the Bank had a ground-breaking ceremony for its 8,000 square foot expansion. In 1996, the Bank purchased the Parker-Anderson Insurance Agency from Priscilla Parker and began offering its own internet service for the public. In 2004, the Bank launched its first website, www.bankofbrodhead.com, and offered online banking to its customers.
The Bank of Brodhead has grown steadily since it was chartered in 1896. It remains a true independent community Bank with over 450 shareholders and a sincere dedication to the City of Brodhead.
Scroll through our Bank of Brodhead Timeline below